Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a BOY!

So, yesterday Jeremy and I had our "big" ultrasound. We had been counting down for weeks for this day. Our appointment was at 1:00. Jeremy took the day off but I worked a 1/2 day. I wish we would have made our appointment for first thing in the morning because the wait was brutal. I kept glancing at the clock on my computer every ten minutes. Anyway, we got to the doctor and we were the only people there so that was nice. The ultrasound tech was fabulous. She was able to tell us the sex within the first two minutes. Jeremy was so excited. He threw his hands up in the air, pumped his fists and shouted, "I did my job!" I was just a little embarassed. :) We have to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks because our little guy was moving around too much for the technician to take some of the necessary measurements. The technician said he is measuring in the 65th percentile, so I was happy about that. No 10 pound baby for me, thanks! We got a few pictures, including a very clear shot of his "equipment". I will be sure to post those up ASAP. We were also given a dvd of the ultrasound so we are very excited to have that keepsake. After the ultrasound we headed to Bellevue to begin shopping! Jeremy and I cheated and did some shopping before we knew the sex. So the baby already had three outfits and three pairs of shoes. Managing a shoe store, Jeremy could not help himself. Needless to say, I'm glad we don't have to return any of the items we bought since they were all for a baby boy. :) Jeremy went a little crazy in the baby department at Macy's. We finally go to the point where we had to put our hands up and shield our eyes on the walk up to the register, so we wouldn't be distracted. I will definitely be sure to take some pictures of the beginning of our baby's large wardrobe. With Jeremy working so close to Children's Place, Macy's and Baby Gap- we are in trouble!

8 comments:

Whitney Bennett said...

YAY SAM! Boys must be in season. I know so many girls who are pregnant and we are all having boys! Boys are just so exciting. Oh I am soooo excited for you. I have been DYING to know what you are having. Well congrats! You need to post some pregnancy pics. I want to see your cute belly!

Sarah and James Wagner said...

Yay!!! I am so excited!! I love the new blog layout too :)

Fern said...

Hooray! Maybe I'm a little biased, but I think boys are the BEST. Be sure to save a little shopping for after your baby shower:).

Shawn said...

The Klippenstein name will live on! Congratulations, I'm glad that Jeremy got his big wish! Have fun shopping.

Julie said...

Congrats Sam and Jeremy! I'm so excited and happy for you!

Tanya said...

Congratulations....that is so awesome!!!

Whitney Bennett said...

LANDON! SO CUTE! Was it hard for you and Jeremy to pick out a name or was it really easy? Luckily Allen and I knew what we would name our first son before we got married so there was no arguing! :) I really like the name Landon for your little boy! I also really like your pregnancy ticker! I have one on my baby blog that has the baby spinning around but it makes me dizzy. So I only have it on my baby blog. But I think I should do one like you have for our main blog. Where did you find it?

Amanda said...

Sam, I dont know if you remember us but we used to be in the singes ward with you guys. I ran across your blog on Amy Oppies. Anyways Congrats on the baby boy news! Boys are so much fun! Mine is almost 4 months and its been the best experience! Cant wait for you to post some prego pics and soon some baby pics! Good luck!